Have you ever dreamed of incorporating a multi vendor marketplace into your existing eCommerce store? If so, then this article will guide you to understand the 5 best eCommerce marketplace platforms.
This muti vendor marketplace platform routinely help online merchants convert their eCommerce stores into full-fledged marketplace and allow them to showcase different brands in one place.
“Not having a recognized brand and trying to stand out in the market is like going to the market without any merchandise.”
– Onyi Anyado
No matter which business trend you choose, it is always important to provide a seamless and engaging shopping experience for your valuable customers. This is only possible when you are set up to offer multiple product categories on your storefront, also sold by different vendors.
Furthermore, giant multi vendor marketplace like Amazon, eBay & Etsy are very popular in the eCommerce sector & are continuously growing at a higher rate. With the wide popularity of these markets, the trend to start an electronics market is booming like never before. So, in this post, I would like to introduce Top 10 Ecommerce Platforms For Mutil Vendor Marketplaces that can help you build up a marketplace. Do not miss it!
What is Mul ti Vendor Marketplace?
Multi Vendor Marketplace is an electronic marketplace platform where you can register specialty sellers and allow them to list their products on your marketplace.
So first and foremost thing is to analyze which platform best suits your business requirements.
Without a doubt, creating stores and selling products to customers is always easy because the exchange of goods and services will only be done between the seller and the buyer.
But having an online marketplace is a completely different scenario. Here, you have to deal with multiple entities such as merchants, sellers, buyers, suppliers, artists, etc.
This is one of the reasons to target a specific platform for converting an online store into a marketplace.
Top 5 Ecommerce Platforms For Mutil Vendor Marketplaces
Shopify is one of the leading eCommerce platforms that helps you transform your store into a multi vendor marketplace. It’s also in the simplest possible way with the help of an extension called Shopify Multi Vendor Marketplaces. Before diving into the details, know why you should use Shopify.
Why choose Shopify?
- No coding skills required.
- As a beginner, you can start an online eCommerce business with minimal investment using Shopify.
- No need to hire a developer to add code to your online store as you can do it yourself.
- Shopify is completely cloud-based i.e. hosted on the web. All you need is an internet connection to operate your store.
- Furthermore, there is no need to upgrade and maintain the software.
- Make changes to your online store by editing the theme code.
- Also, customize the look of your store.
- You can use your own domain name with Shopify.
- 24 * 7 customer support.
Magento is the most powerful eCommerce platform built on open source technology. This popular platform comes with upgraded versions and offers most of the features needed to run an eCommerce business successfully. Hence, offer scalable eCommerce solution for your online business.
Why choose Magento?
- As an open source platform, Magento gives you the source code.
- If you have in-depth knowledge of coding, you can test the codes and modify them according to your requirements.
- At any time hire a developer and let them add the code to your online store.
- Everything is in your hand so everything works according to your needs.
- As a web developer, you can make best use of the features available in Magento.
- In terms of security, Magento provides you with strong security.
- Furthermore, Magento continuously sends new patches and updates to users.
- Rich customization options benefit large-scale business merchants.
- Lots of custom CSS options available for web designs. Also, customize the user interface.
- Freely choose any hosting company for your online business.
- Offers a lot of extensions for you to use.
So choosing Magento multi vendor over other platforms is a good idea to establish a marketplace. If you are looking for more Magento Extension, CMSmart is all you want. Best of all are the extensions available for Magento 1 as well as Magento 2 Marketplace. You can access to CMSmart to try it out.
Magento Marketplace Extension:
Magento Multi vendor Marketplace Extension allows sellers to convert their Magento store into a fully functional marketplace with multiple sellers registered on it.
Registered sellers manage all the standard features needed to run the marketplace including product inventory, order delivery, payments, and more.
Therefore, Magento Multivendor Marketplace proved to be the optimal solution to start an Electronic Marketplace.
WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin widely used to run an online store from small to large businesses. You can easily customize your store design on WooCommerce.
Hence, it allows you to sell the product on your own terms. This flexible open source platform is the perfect eCommerce solution for setting up an online store exactly what you want.
Before diving into the details, let’s take a look at some of the benefits of using WooCommerce as an eCommerce platform.
Why choose WooCommerce?
- It’s FREE as well as Paid Add-ons!
- You will receive the toolkit and customize your store to your own terms. You just pay for web hosting and you’re ready to go.
- As a WordPress plugin, it makes use of all of the great WordPress features and functions. This leads to the creation of the best possible website.
- WooCommerce offers a variety of themes to design your store.
- Get started if you want to start an online content website.
- Flexible to sell virtual, physical and even marketable products. Therefore, you can allow distinct sellers to display their items on a single platform.
Building a marketplace requires a lot of customization and WooCommerce offers you the same thing. So in case you want to start an e-marketplace you can use WooCommerce as it has the Multi Vendor Market extension.
The WooCommerce Multi Vendor Marketplace extension helps you transform your WooCommerce store into a multi vendor marketplace.
You can refer to the best selling solution for WooCommerce Mul ti Vendor marketplace here: Woocommerce Multi Vendor Marketplace Solution
Bagisto (from Webkul) is an open source eCommerce Framework built on top of the Laravel stack. This special platform is loaded with functions like Multi-Currency, Localization, Access Control Level, Multi-Channel, payment integration and more.
It can be said that a complete eCommerce solution was built for merchants to build and scale their online business. Furthermore, developers are all set to use source code.
Talking about the Marketplace, Bagisto is ready to provide a one-stop solution for buyers to obtain a wide variety of purchasing options from a variety of global vendors with the Multi Vendor Marketplace Feature.
Why choose Bagisto?
- Complete code control: Developers can easily build their own code and deploy it easily on Bagisto. They can easily copy the framework, reuse the same components, extensions, and modules.
- Multi-vendor inventory management: Managing multi-store inventory is an easy task with Bagisto. You can create a variety of inventory, both online and offline, to deliver relevant products. Motivation, distribution of priorities.
- Better product management: With Bagisto, you will find a simplified solution for managing products consisting of multiple ingredients. It includes family properties, multiple categories, categories, simple and configurable products, and more. Ability to manage advanced products with Bagisto.
- Product SEO: – Bagisto provides a solution to enhance your products with the right meta description, title, keywords and improving your website’s ranking.
As an open source PHP-based system, OpenCart is set up to scale and run your online business. Choosing an open shopping cart as your eCommerce solution is always profitable because it provides the tools to set up your online store in the simplest possible way.
Furthermore, this shopping cart solution will allow you to transform your store into a multi vendor marketplace that has many sellers subscribe with the help of the Opencart Multi Vendor Marketplace extension.
Why choose OpenCart?
- Your store needs a powerful store management system to run an e-marketplace. OpenCart provides this feature.
- In addition, OpenCart helps you to expand your store’s functionality with lots of extensions. Furthermore, you will have custom themes to design your store.
Above are the 5 best e-commerce platforms today and will probably be one of the perfect solutions to bring success to your business. In particular, if you think about setting up a market, you have to analyze all the top eCommerce platforms and then conclude which one is right for your online business.
I hope that this article is useful for you. If you have any questions about my posts or and related questions about WordPress, Magento or Multi vendor marketplace, leave the message in the contact form or contact me directly, I will reply you ASAP.
Thank you and best regards.